EXCEL ADVANCED SKILLS - SPELLING AND VOCABULARY WORKBOOK YEAR 1
This product is currently sold out.
This book is part of the Excel Advanced Skills series, which provides students with more challenging extension work in vocabulary.
The Excel series of Spelling and Vocabulary Workbooks for Years 1–6 will help primary school students improve their spelling and vocabulary in English and in other subjects. Each unit has a different theme and focuses on a set of work dealing with words: what they mean and how to spell them. All activities are designed to encourage students to think about and enjoy language, and to give them meaningful practice in using it.
In this book you will find:
- Fifteen self-contained units of work, each with a different theme
- Topic spelling lists with up to 18 words
- Spelling lists focusing on common patterns
- ‘Tricky words’ and tips to remember them
- Practical spelling strategies
- Activities to practise and improve spelling
- Strategies to expand students’ knowledge about words and their meanings, and a variety of practice activities
- Activities which encourage students to use context when reading to develop their word power
- Engaging and relevant writing tasks
- Three comprehensive spelling review units
- Answers to all questions.
Map of the book
To the student
1. Looking at animals
2. At the beach
3. Sporting fun
4. At home
5. What's on the menu?
Review 1: Tests 1–6
8. What are you wearing?
9. How many are there?
10. Moving around
Review 2: Tests 1–6
11. What season is it?
12. Where is it?
13, How does my garden grow?
14. Making sounds
15. Flying things
Review 3: Tests 1–6
MISSION STATEMENT: When you buy Pascal's Excel Range with Teachnest, you're contributing to our 1-1-1 Philanthropic model. We're strong believers in giving back our time, people and resources to causes that support the ongoing development of learning and education in homes and classrooms around Australia and the world. Your support will also help us to fund ongoing research and development; bringing our services closer to you. Thank you in advance!